When we got there we could see one end of the wood was under the water....and moving! They pulled the trap out of the water and Brig was thrilled to see that he had caught himself a catfish! After A LOT of discussion Ray finally convinced Brig that the fish wasn't quite big enough to bring home so they threw it back.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
The Great Fishermen
All winter long Brig has been talking about wanting to go fishing. He has been on pins and needles waiting until it gets warm enough to go. Ray had told him about a fishing trap he made when he was a little boy and Brig couldn't wait to try it for himself. So for Family Home Evening a couple of weeks ago that's what we did. Ray got the wood sanded and nailed together then Brig painted pictures and his name on it. He was so proud of his work. Then on Friday they tied hooks on all four ends of the wood, baited them and put it in the creek for the night. Brig was so excited to go check it the next morning!

When we got there we could see one end of the wood was under the water....and moving! They pulled the trap out of the water and Brig was thrilled to see that he had caught himself a catfish! After A LOT of discussion Ray finally convinced Brig that the fish wasn't quite big enough to bring home so they threw it back.
So if you're ever looking for us and can't find where we've gone, I'm thinking we will be at the creek trying to catch the BIG ONE!!
When we got there we could see one end of the wood was under the water....and moving! They pulled the trap out of the water and Brig was thrilled to see that he had caught himself a catfish! After A LOT of discussion Ray finally convinced Brig that the fish wasn't quite big enough to bring home so they threw it back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Nothing better than a little father/son fishing fun. I was talking to Shanda today and I was telling her about Kira climbing out of her bed so she told me about the 'tent' on your blog, it's great I love it.
Way cute blog.
Jen Reed
That is so fun! I've spent many hours trying to catch a "big one" in that creek too. I never had a trap quite so neat though;)
You blog is a great to read!! Such a CUTE family:)
We do not like to fish, so Grandpa and Grandma Ballard took Jacob last summer and he had NO luck! I was just glad I didn't have to take him! Boys will be boys. Glad he at least caught a little one. How Fun!
I can remember fishin' in the creek...good times! Okay, so I need to know where you got the "tent". I died laughing when I saw it and then almost cried...okay not really..BUT it would have come in useful when Crew was younger. And since Trip is heading in the same footsteps of big brother....well, it would save me a few more years of gray hair!!!
That is too cute! Your boys are such cuties and so much fun:) I love seeing them spend time with their daddy's and doing what they did. Always an adventure!
Hownie,
How the heck are you, my sister from another mother? How's Frieda doing? I was blog stalking, should I even be admitting that? Anyway, saw your blog on Blake and Jen's blog! Your boys are huge, holy crap, how long has it really been? Well, it's so great to see that you are all doing well. I miss you and miss all of our fun times together. Take care and heck next time you are in the valley, call! I would love to see you guys!
Kara
Post a Comment