Friday, August 15, 2008

The {SWEETEST} most {TERRIBLE} 2 year old you have ever met


Now look at that face. How could a cute little thing like that ever doing anything terrible? Well I'm here to tell ya that Kanton is DEEP in the depths of those oh so terrible 2's....actually he has been since he was about hmmmmm 1 and walking.
Last December Ray and I went to the NFR in Las Vegas and left our boys with my and dad for about five days. On our way home I called my mom and told her (as a joke) that we wanted to stay another day and did she mind keeping the boys another night. She got really silent for a minute then said sure. I laughed hard because I knew exactly what she was going through with my little whirlwind Kanton. After she realized I was kidding she told me several times to just get ourselves home safe. Ha ha, she wasn't sure she could take another day of Kanton's schemes. Well it has only gotten bigger and better. He is CONSTANTLY making a mess of something. I joke that while I'm getting after him about one mess he is looking around to see what the next mess he is going to make is.
While I get my shower and get ready for the day my entire upstairs is completely trashed, every single room. I can't tell you how many bad words have slipped from my mouth because I have stepped on another toy and about broke my ankle or worse.
Today he dumped a huge bowl of popcorn all over the carpet. I should have taken a picture but I cleaned it right up so the butter didn't soak into the carpet. While I was vacuuming that up he got a can of soda off of the counter and dumped it all over the counter, himself and the floor.
Here is the little goofball being put to work for that one.

Every time I give him something to eat and I turn my back he runs to the carpet and smashes it in ~ popsicles, fruit snacks, juice, chips, bananas, cereal...you name it. I swear I need to chain him to the chair while he has food in his hand because he won't stay sitting.
He thinks hanging on an open drawer in the kitchen and swinging on the cabinet doors is great entertainment. Last week he broke a cabinet door in half. Ray fixed it, hung it back up and Kanton wanted to break it again.
How in world am I going to keep up with this little monkey when I have a newborn too? I'm just praying that he will get all of his tricks out before the baby comes, good luck with that right? I also hope that he will decide the toilet can be his friend. He won't go near the thing. We talk to him about it every day and he won't budge. He did wear a pair of Brig's underwear one day, over his diaper but still wouldn't talk into trying to go to the bathroom like a big boy.
But the thing that gets me is his sweet little voice that says "hi mama" when I walk into the room and his cute little smile....it makes all of his naughty things he does not seem so bad...........until he does it again! :)
Yesterday I took him to the doctor to get shots. He actually did better than I thought he would. Of course it helped that me and another nurse were both holding him down while a second nurse gave the shots. Before we laid him down we told him he would get a sucker when he was done. Well he cried pretty hard with both shots and as soon as the band aid was on he sat up and said, "I want a sucka". It was so cute. He is off the charts for his height at 39" and in the 92 percentile for his weight at 34 lbs. I sure love my Kanton!!

Oh and he thinks everything should be used as a hat.

9 comments:

Whiting Family said...

Ridiculously Funny!!! I can definalty simpathize w/ "the sweetest most terrible" boy blues!!! Somedays you just have to laugh (so you dont cry) at some of trouble they get into!!! Boys...cant live with them...cant live without them!!! We need to combine our little trouble makers together and let them play (or cause choas!!!) Shanda

Whiting Family said...

Okay really, I just read your blog...made a comment...blog surfed...then found my "sweetest" son rubbing Nacho Cheese Sauce into my carpet from Crew's leftover nachos from lunch!!! Gotta love 'em!!! I am looking forward to nap-time!!! What will we ever do with these boys???

Traci Butler said...

Haha, that is so funny to hear that that would come from mom! I love that Kanton. He is hilarious. You would never guess the trouble that boy could get in when you see he sweet little face. I love watching him march down the hall into mom's kitchen to see the determination in his face to find something to get his hands on.

Lyndsey said...

He's so dang cute, it would be hard to stay mad at him! I am the same with mine, thankfully no food has been rubbed in the carpet yet or I would cry! I can only imagine the trouble he could get into with my boys. He's adorable!!!

Melis said...

I think you need to add that when he is at the church, he loves to throw his toys away. It is so funny to watch him creeping his way to that trash can and you racing to save the toy before it is gone! We crack up at him all the time! THIS is where we learn patience. Through our kids.

The Smith's said...

That makes me love my kids so much more. I always think I have it bad and then hear stories like yours and Shanda's and am so THANKFUL that my child just screams. At least screaming is not a mess that I have to clean up and I can ignore it. Hopefully your next one is a sweet baby girl. You deserve it!

kaleyq said...

I feel your pain/happiness--can hardly keep up myself! Good thing they are so dang cute!! Such a good mom, you are!

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

How funny...The whole time I am reading your blog I am thinking I am glad that Gavin is not the only little fart on the planet.. but I know what you mean when they look at you with that little face and say something so sweet.. Gavin gets mad when Clay calls me BABE. He looks at Clay and says "im moms babe" How much we are going to have when they get older..

Webb Family said...

good luck!
That is funny how you teased your mom.
He sounds like a cute handful!!