Last Sunday as we were sitting in Sacrament Meeting Brig smiled at me and I leaned over to Ray and told him how cute I thought Brig's new front teeth were since they are both coming in now. Ray then felt Brig's tooth next to the front one and it was kind of loose so he pushed on it a little and it popped out and went down Brig's throat. Well Brig starts gagging and trying to cough it up and has a mouth full of blood and Ray and I couldn't figure out what had happened. Brig panicked and kept trying to tell us he had swallowed it but was trying so hard to cough it up we couldn't understand him. Reverent, aren't we? (We were sitting in the foyer so we weren't making a big scene in the chapel, luckily.) Once he realized it wasn't coming out he thought it was pretty funny but couldn't figure out how he was going to explain it to the tooth fairy. After church Ray decided he was going to see if the tooth on the other side was loose and it was, barely. So he got a string and tied it to it and wiggled it until it got really loose then Brig yanked the string (after much coaching) and that tooth came out too! He lost two teeth in one day. He put his tooth in a bag and wrote a note to the tooth fairy telling about his other tooth so he got paid for both, lucky boy! It was pretty dang funny.
Kids say funny things all the time and I have been writing a few things down that my kids have said. They are probably only funny to me, things you "had to be there" to hear but I want to remember them.
~ One day I picked Brig up from school and asked him how his day was. He said good but that there was a girl that has a crush on him but he doesn't like her so he broke up with her. I asked if she was his girlfriend and he said NO! I don't like her. Apparently you have to break up with a girl that has a crush on you even if she was never your girlfriend. Good to know.
~ My niece left her pink lunch box at our house one day and I asked Brig to take it to school and give it to her the next day. His eyes got HUGE and he said "no way mom. I'm not carrying a pink lunch box to school." The way he said it was so funny. He wouldn't even consider carrying it inside of another bag. What was I thinking? I decided I would let him off and not make him be the "uncool" boy that had to take a pink lunch box to school.
This morning I asked Brig to do something for me and he said "okay mom just give me half a second". Then turned around and said "well, I don't know what that even means but I will be right back."
Kanton has gone through a few changes lately having to be a big boy instead of a baby, since he won't be the baby for much longer. He is potty trained now and is really doing well, yahoo! He also got moved out of his crib and into Brig's bed. That was hard for him to get used to. I have been feeling a little sorry for him turning his little world upside down but he is adjusting well. One night though we heard a huge thud and Kanton had fallen out of bed and it scared him pretty bad. One day, in the middle of all of this Kanton must have been feeling a little frustrated with life and came to me and tried to make me stand up. I asked him why he wanted me to and he said "I wanna kicka butt". So he pulled on me until he got me up and tried to kick my butt couldn't reach so he spanked me a few times. He was dead serious too, didn't crack a smile.
So having a kid potty trained is really nice....until you have to go to a store and use a public bathroom. They can't figure out how to go without touching EVERYTHING and it makes me crazy! I took Kanton to Show Low with me and between JCPenney's and Wal-Mart he had to go to the bathroom 5 times! I was about to lose my mind because he would go and just when I would get as far away from the bathroom as you could be he would panic and tell me he needed to go again, ugh! Oh and that's not all.....he was screaming at the top of his lungs the whole way "MOM I NEED TO GO POO, OWEEEEE MY BUM HURTS! So here is this honken pregnant lady running and pushing my cart as fast as I could go dodging people the best I could. It was a real proud mama moment. I was so worn out by the time we left I didn't ever want to go back. But of course I did and the next time he didn't have to go once, yay!!
It is cute having Kanton run into our bedroom every morning to wake us up (instead of waking up to him screaming at the top of his lungs to get out of his crib.) One morning he came in and said "dad, the snakes are eating the cows, the snakes are eating the cows! I saw them!" He must have had a dream and had to make sure dad was going to save the cows. Too cute.
Kids are so much fun, I love the funny things they say and do.
7 comments:
"I wanna kicka butt" ha ha classic! That Kanton is a character that's for dang sure and his big brother is a piece of work too! And not too many people can say their dad pushed their tooth out in church and shot it down their throat. Glad the tooth fairy still coughed up the dough!
The tooth story had me laughing out loud. Good to hear you are still sitting in the Foyer. We miss sitting out there with you guys. Your boys are hilarious!!
Hallie Those are some funny stories. I just love how funny kids can be. I have been writing funny things down too. You have inspired me to do a post. And I totally feel your pain about taking Kanton pee a million times. Fun times. I bet that is so nice to have no diapers for now. You will get to enjoy it longer than I did.
I'm cracking up over here! Your boys are so dang funny.
Oh my word, swallowing a tooth? That is one crazy kind of "reverent" moment! I'm glad he was able to collect from the tooth fairy for both at least! The funny things they say......too much! I'm glad Brig decided to "break up" with the girl-who needs stinkin' girls anyway! I'm glad you didn't get your butt kicked by Kanton either...what a boy. :)
Wow, I can't believe they were both loose and he swallowed it! Good thing the toothfair understood:)
I love what kids say! You will be so happy that you wrote down the cute & funny things.
I am there with you on the bathroom thing, why do they have to touch everything! I have a good one for you. We were out eating and there were only one room restrooms for each gender. The lady in the women's room took about 10 mins and Camden and I are standing outside waiting. He is making comments about who is in there and taking so long to go (which I know she heard!) So after he couldn't wait we went in the men's restroom. I turned around for one second to put soap on my hands after our "business" and in that time Camden had picked up the tablet from the bottom of the urnal and was asking what it was....NASTY!! I about barfed!
Happy Bday Brigg! Hope your day was great!
OH man,
I swear 95% of my laughs lately come from your children. Your blog is one of the most entertaining!
Brooke
Post a Comment