Right now I am hurting for appliances in a major way. Wouldn't you know my washer, dryer, refrigerator and vacuum all need to be replaced at the same time? I just don't know what I want to get. I'm looking for advice on what to get or what to avoid. If you have any good ideas will you pleaaaaase leave me a comment? I'm tired of having appliances that I have to have worked on and want them to just work so I want good ones!
7 comments:
It's funny that you bring this up. I came home from Taylor this weekend to water in my kitchen and a broken fridge! UGH! We have had our refrigerator for 11 years or so years though, so I guess it was time. BUT, to answer your question, Whirpool and Kenmore are the way to go. My mom stays up on the consumer reports and looked into the fridge for me and these two were at the top (my previous fridge was Whirpool and lasted that long). Also, I went to the Sears outlet store at Arizona Mills and found the best deals on brand new appliances that have some cosmetic damage. Some of them worse than others. But I got a $2,000 fridge for $1,100 because it had a tiny dent on one side. You don't even see it when I rolled it back. I went with a Kenmore Elite. Anyway, I don't know if that helps or if you'll be shopping in the valley, but there is my two cents.
OH what a bummer. That stinks replacing everything at once. It is alot of decisions! I just bought new EVERYTHING when we moved in the house, so here is my 2cents. Do keep in mind my stuff is all 7 months old, so the how long it will last, isn't something I can tell ya;)
All my kitchen appliances are Kitchenaid. I mostly just liked the design and style of them the best. They had good reviews too, but I admit it was mostly about the look and my stove had to be a certain stove and my diswasher couldn't have buttons/knobs showing ect... So far, I love them.
I heard that LG was the way to go with washer/dryers, and that is what we got. We got the front loading ones and I absolutely LOVE them. I got the dark grey color and they are pretty and I swear my clothes are just cleaner. And, you wouldn't believe how little water the washer uses! They are my favorite things ever.
A couple years ago I swore I'd never buy anything but a Dyson next time. When it actually came time to get a vaccum, I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much when the reviews are much more mixed than they used to be. I think the other brands have worked hard to make their vacs 'as good' for less money. After long review reading, I ended up getting a Hoover Mach 6. It is kind of heavy, but I don't have stairs so that didn't really matter and it sucks (in a good way) like you wouldn't believe. It has nice attachments, easy to get to, has a retractable cord botton (which is the BOMB!- I HATE winding cords up) The dirt container is easy to clean out (bagless, which is the only way to go in my option) and the filter doesn't have to be taken out to dump (which was my pet peeve about my old vac). I really like it, and it is cool looking too--and green, which is my fav;) And, it was 1/4 the cost of a Dyson. I swear it has as much suction as one too.
Ending my short story now. :)
We just got all new appliances for our new home and we also went with Kenmore. We LOVE them. We went with the Kenmore Elite for the washer and dryer and also the fridge.
Our washer's water function just stopped working and the dryer's heating element is not as hot as it use to be. So, I am really enjoying the comments on your blog! We have had the washing machine over 5 years and it was been a champ, Kenmore. I would go with it again. And if I were to need purchase a new fridge, I would make sure it has a locking feature so my little ones can't help themself to water & ice! If you do come down to the valley, I hear that Spencer's TV & Appliance also has an outlet w/ new but damaged appliances, that is in Mesa. I have also enjoyed my vacuum, Dirt Devil Windtunnel. I love the bagless kind and it's still running after 5 years and some serious beatings from us. Good luck and let us know what you get!
I don't know about the rest but I do love my Dyson vaccum.
Good luck!!
I LOVE my Dyson. About 4yrs ago I needed a new vaccum and that Christmas, Greg suprised me with one. He thought I would be mad that my gift was a vaccum, but I was THRILLED. It was exactly what I wanted. I even took it over to my mothers and Margo's to show them my new Dyson. It still works great! (And Bagless is definetly the way to go.) As far as washer/dryer, we have a Maytag Neptune. They're those HE (high efficiency) front loaders. I really like them. You can do really large loads. And I don't feel like I am doing tons of loads of laundry or going thru as much detergent anymore. That's all the info I got for ya. Good Luck!
Hey Hallie- Thank you for sharing your Weight Watcher list with me! And of course I don't care if you look at my blog! I have to admit I have stalked yours a time or two also! Anyway, on the appliances...man that stinks! If you are still looking for appliances...I have heard really good things about dyson vacuum's. Also if you are interested, I have an online subscription to consumer reports. I can email you my ID and password and you are welcome to look on it. I love consumer reports.
-Sharee-
Post a Comment