We started Christmas Eve started at my parents house. First the kids exchanged gifts they had bought for each other and then the adults did a white elephant game. It was a lot of fun. The boys both loved what they got ~ a gun, tractor, and books ~ and Ray got a cool book called Presidents and Prophets and I got a very cute recipe holder my crafty sister Traci made!
Grandma and her cute granddaughters

Then we headed to Ray's parents house for dinner, a pinata and games. Kanton is swinging so hard trying to break the pinata but he didn't quite get it done.

I couldn't get my camera going fast enough to catch Brig swinging at it but he was right in there, along with all of the cousins picking up the loads of candy that fell from the pinata.


Next we moved on to the candy bar game ~ as if the kids didn't get enough candy from the pinata! Ray put this game together and the kids had a lot of fun with it. He had a garbage bag full of newspaper and wrapped candy bars. Each kid was blindfolded and got 30 seconds to dig in the bag and find and unwrap as many
candybars as they could.



The game wore Ray out!

Then we let the boys open their Christmas pajamas to wear for Christmas Eve and we headed back over to my parents house for more fun and visiting. Oh and some fabulous egg
nog shakes!

I don't know why this picture turned out so dark but they sure did look cute in their PJ's! When we got home Brig very carefully filled a plate of the cookies we made for Santa with a glass of milk, left carrots for not just Rudolph but every one of the reindeer and put his letter to Santa on the table. They could hardly wait to get to bed so Santa would come. I thought for sure they would be up by 4:00 or 5:00 am to see what Santa had brought but I guess they were so worn out from all of the partying that they slept in. I set my alarm for 7:00 just in case they didn't wake us up. I wanted it to still be dark enough for them to go downstairs with a flashlight to see what Santa brought. The flashlight is a tradition we have done in my family my whole life and goes back a couple of generations too. It is so much fun and the kids look so forward to it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment