Do your kids fight? Mine do. They get along pretty well too.....but they fight. Did I already mention that? This is something I didn't think I would have to deal with since they are almost five years apart. Sometimes it makes me want to pull my hair out.....sometimes it makes me want to pull their hair out. Heehee, just kidding....did I really just say that out loud? {You'll be glad to know they both have full heads of hair.}
But I can let myself get so bugged when they fight and then they can say one funny thing and it gets me laughing. (Are you sick of me telling about funny things my kids say? Someday I will enjoy looking back and remembering these things so please bear with me.) Well tonight was one of those nights. Ray was gone and I was trying to get Stockton fed and to bed and the house was a wreck! I was giving Brig & Kanton both things to do while I was feeding Stockton and Brig stopped and said "Kanton, why don't you just clean this room up all by yourself while I just sit and watch in anticipation." Where the heck did he come up with that? And what 7 year old uses the word anticipation? Probably a little bit too much TV is my guess.
Yesterday as I was trying to get Kanton to take a nap he wanted to get up to go to the bathroom. Smart little booger went to the bathroom and took off running when he was done and said "I gotta get outta this joint!" It was so funny! I did catch up with him though (probably because I had my shoes on that make me run real fast) and he did take a nap.
Well back to tonight ~ which also explains the title of this post. After the room was all cleaned up and I was still feeding Stockton, Brig comes running in telling me that Kanton's underwear is wet. (Kanton has been really good about making it to the bathroom without having accidents but since the baby was born he has to change his underwear about 5 times a day because he always has a little "spot" in the front before he actually makes it to the bathroom. For this reason Ray has nicknamed him "King Spritz".) Well I didn't think anything of it because that's all it ever is, a small spot, so I told him to go change his underwear. Well later as I'm walking out of the office into the kitchen I slip in a puddle and just about eat it. I let out a little scream and the boys came running. I asked them what it was then remembered that maybe Kanton's "spot" was a little bigger tonight than usual. I questioned him about the spot and he tried to tell me it was apples & oranges on the floor. I asked him over and over if he had peed on the way to the bathroom. I finally got it out of him when he said "no mom, the underwear did it"! MMMM HMMMM! King Spritz strikes again!
The funniest thing is when Brig is teasing Kanton about spritzing his undies and then he realizes that Kanton is wearing HIS underwear. Ha! Who's laughing now?!
And this picture was too cute not to post. Stockton looks like he is feeling a little bit squished in his Bumbo. I have to practically surgically remove the thing from his behind when I pull him out of it.
And this picture was too cute not to post. Stockton looks like he is feeling a little bit squished in his Bumbo. I have to practically surgically remove the thing from his behind when I pull him out of it.
10 comments:
Oh, the funny things your kids say!! Thanks for the laugh this morning - and the picture of stockton in his bumbo - PRICELESS!!
Hahaha oh my. I love the things your kids say!
When I stayed with you Brig thought it was so funny when Kanton got a wedgie from Autie Traci and joined the party... til he realized it was his undies doing the damage.
That picture is hilarious of Stockton.
King Spritz! That is funny! And tht picture of Stockton is adorable! What cute boys you have:)
Hallie your posts make your mother laugh hard. Your kids are fuunnnny. You may want to reconsider squeezing Stockton's rather large hiney into the bumbo chair unless you don't mind a possible trip to the emergency room to have it surgically removed.
I LOVE IT ALL! Way too funny!!!
Oh my goodness! The fun never ends at your house! I'm gonna ask my boys if they will clean the house while I watch in "anticipation" and see how far that gets me! Too cute! Love the pic. of Stockton in the bumbo too-poor little pudgy!
I am surprised to hear that your boys fight because of the age difference. My kids are either fighting really well or playing really well. My brother and I fought like crazy so I guess I sort of deserve to play referee. Your boys are quite hilarious! Glad to hear your getting your laughing medicine! Cute pic of Stockton!
Hallie, just keep writing about all the funny things those cute boys say. I know who they get it from though. Yourself and Ray are quite hilarious.
They are so cute! I'm sure they fight a lot less than my boys!
Love the things they say! That just made my day. I know my boys want to get outta this joint all the time!
I also LOVE the picture of Kanton! He looks hilarious! Gavin has just about figured out how to buck out of his. Little Buggar!
Oh that is good. Maybe he needs a bigger bumbo? I like to wedge my children in small spaces too, Taylor did sleep in a bassinett till she was 14 mos. That should give you some comfort:)
Post a Comment