This past weekend was the Pioneer Days Celebration. We went to both rodeos, the parade, fireworks and lots more and had a lot of fun. Brig rode a steer for the first time in the rodeo Friday night and did a great job. He was really bummed he didn't win a buckle but I told him there is always next year.....try again! He enjoyed it and can't wait to do it again. Ray was really busy during the rodeo so we didn't see much of him but we did get to see him throw his rope a few times, something he hasn't done in over a year and he even rescued a bull rider that was hung up in his rope. (I had lost my camera and just found it so I took a few pictures on a disposable camera. I will try to get them posted when I get them developed.)
On Monday, July 13, my sweet grandma Janet Flake passed away. She had had several strokes in the last few months and just wasn't herself and it was hard to see her that way. She was still so much fun to be around though, she always kept everyone laughing! She was such a funny grandma and always loved to joke with us. I can't believe she is gone, just 9 months after grandpa. I know she is happy though and I'm happy for her but I'm sure going to miss her. I love her so much!
This is my mom and grandma 8 days before she passed away
Grandma's funeral was so nice. All of her children participated in it. My mom, Joan, Margo & Mitzi all gave the life sketch which was so so good, Dan sang the sweetest song, Brad gave an awesome talk and Jim and Lance gave prayers. It was a really good tribute to grandma. There was a viewing the night before and I wasn't able to go, I was SO sad I couldn't be there. I ended up having to go to the emergency room at the hospital early that morning and ended up that I had a kidney infection. I got home awhile before the viewing but I was too sick to go. I wish I could have been there with the family. I was glad I was feeling up to going to the funeral the next morning (thanks to the pain meds)!
Another big thing this month is Stockton turned 6 months old! He is just learning to sit up by himself and I snapped a couple of pictures of him while he was trying to balance. He is such a smiley baby, I love it! He always has a big grin on his face. He is such a fatty and just about breaks my arm and back from holding him. He weighs 21 lbs. 12 oz. is 27 inches long and his head is 46 cm.
So we are starting over with another pulmonologist and have also been referred to a pediatric cardiologist just to make sure Stockton's heart is okay. We will be going down to the valley again next week for an echocardiogram and to meet with the two new doctors. He has really improved the last couple of weeks though and hopefully he will continue to do so. We can't wait to kick that oxygen to the curb!
Brig and Kanton are up to their normal things......Brig is outside most of the time inventing some new contraption or digging another hole for a really good reason (I'm sure) and Kanton can be found at any moment of the day with only underwear on or completely naked. Even when he is helping dad fix the sprinklers. He will love this when he is older, ha!
6 comments:
Good ole granny. It makes me so sad to think about how she is really gone. But at least we know where she is and who she is with :)
I can't believe you can even talk about sewing more orders. I walk by my sewing machine and want to throw it against the wall!
Good luck with all "Stackers" appointments. We hope that all gets figured out... and I LOVE that you got to unload on that bitty! Sounds like she deserved every bit of it!
I'm very sorry to hear about your grandma but at least she's in a happy place. Good for you for letting it all out at that lady!! I'll bet this next one will help work miracles!
I got a sewing machine last Christmas after begging for it-I have sewed one bean bag with it-how pathetic, I'm just not really sure what I'm doing when it comes to sewing.
You have been a busy women!! so sorry about your grandma but I am sure her and your grandpa are so happy to be together again. I hope this new doctor will be a better one and figure out whats going on. Good luck and keep us posted!
They are just like my boys. I can totally picture them out in the yard like that, one with with no clothes and the other shirtless... helping daddy. I love it!
Wow! You have been busy!
I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandma--but, I know there is a great reunion going on in heaven now.
Sorry you ended up in the hospital too! Yikes girl, you'd better take it easy!
I wish I could have gotten to the boutique. I love that kind of thing! Im sorry about your grandma and that you were sick! You have TONS Of stuff going on right now how are you still sewing! Multitalented lady! We should do craft night or something like that sometime!
Post a Comment