Saturday, July 17, 2010

Branding at Black Mesa

We branded most of the calves earlier this year out at the ranch west of town but we still had a few to brand at Black Mesa. It was a hot day so it was nice that there weren't as many to brand this time. Brig & Kanton had fun helping do the big tough cowboy jobs! I always take so many pictures on branding day and I can't ever decide which to post...here are a few....

Brig branding

Kanton really wanted to sit on this post even though it was hurting his extremely bony bootie

Stockton peeking through the fence to make sure everyone is doing their job


The supervisors


Kanton, Stockton, Quinton, Brig

Ray & Vern


Ray & Tandy's muscles!

Briggy Barr


Brig was pretty excited that he got to hold the rope tied to the calf

Kanton branding




Kanton riding Biscuit







Ray on Jag

Kendal Brimhall, Vern, Brig, Laurie Oaks, Ray, Alan Brimhall

3 comments:

Traci Butler said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of Kanton and Stockton watching. So cute! And I love Stockton's clothes! Where did you get em??

Tammy said...

Oh I love all your updates! The branding pics are great..you take pics like a genuine photographer. You documented the Staycation very well also. Couldn't have told it better myself!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.