A few weeks ago Kanton called Stockton stupid so I told him I didn't want him to call people that anymore. He said "NO MOM!!! Just stop hearing me!" I guess a Family Home Evening about name calling is in order here at the Turley home.
Kanton's goofy stance with his goofy face on
Another thing you know if you know Kanton well is that he goes to the bathroom ALL.DAY.LONG. I feel sorry for his primary teachers because I'm sure they have to take him all the time. It's not the kind you can just send him in to do by himself either. It's the kind you send him in to do and a few minutes later he says "Mom! I'm D-O-N-E!!!" That is my cue to go in and help finish the job up, if you know what I mean. Well one Sunday after church we had a conversation after I realized I hadn't made him go to the bathroom before he went to church....
ME: Hey, Kanton...did you have to go to the bathroom at church today?
KANTON: Um, yep!
ME: (feeling sorry for the teacher that had to "help") Who helped you or did you go by yourself?
KANTON: (thinking for awhile and then had a very pleased look on his face) Joseph Smith!!!!
That got a good laugh out of all of us! I don't know if they were learning about Joseph Smith or if he thought his teacher who is Brother Smith was named Joseph. Funny stuff!
Kanton can be found outside peeing at any time of the day.....like when the UPS man comes to deliver and Kanton is standing on the front porch letting it go...what a greeting! Or when Stockton is standing down wind from him on a very windy day and gets "hosed" down. Or when he stands up to the toilet to go and, OOPS!, forgets to pull his underwear down and makes a large puddle for mom to clean up. I could go on and on and ON!!!
Luckily Kanton doesn't wet the bed. This is a good thing too because most nights he can be found in our bed laying between us sideways with a fist in Ray's face and a foot in mine. He gets kicked out about half way through the night when we can't take the beating anymore.
The other day I told Kanton to clean up the toy mess he had made in the living room. I kept asking him if he was still working on getting it picked up and finally he said "Mom, I don't want to. Can't you just send me up to my room all by myself to sit on my bed and think about it"?
I'm pretty sure he is terrified of my threats.
8 comments:
I LOVE that kid! He really is hilarious. I'm so glad you wrote all that down. You will have great blackmail some day!
As for "Joseph Smith".....Kamri called both Stewart AND Sheila "Joseph Smith" the whole time she had them! It's so cute. It's way too confusing to learn about Joseph and have teachers with the last name "Smith".
Hahaha! I wish I got to sit on my bed for punishment when I didn't clean up my house... That Kanton is a hoot.
Im pretty sure I need to see this kid more!!! He is so funny. I was laughing through this entire post... Good work Hallie.. You have a keeper!
Oh MY! He keeps you on your toes - your tippy toes!! What a funny, funny boy. :) So glad he has a mom who has a great sense of humor too - must be where he gets it, LADY! HA!
What a funny kid! Sounds like I should get to know him better.
Oh how I love my little Jethro!
That is a crack up!! He is too funny.
I can totally relate the the greetings and the showers the younger kids get. Happens all.the.time around here! Good seeing you this weekend.
Post a Comment