I get a lot of crap from my sister about not keeping my blog caught up. :) (no hard feelings sister) My excuse is that I take so many pictures and it is so hard to sift through so many and decide which ones to use so I just put it off. Well I woke up at 5:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I just got up and thought I would get my blog all caught up. WRONG! I couldn't get one picture to download. Ugh!!!! I did sort through the pictures though and I may just get Halloween posted before the year is over! Yay!
A couple of Sundays ago we had a Relief Society lesson where we talked about how our kids are subjected to so many bad influences daily through TV, internet, other kids, etc. and how important it is to feed good things into them as much as we can to counteract the bad. One of the points was, do we teach our kids about the life of Christ as much as we should? Well we try to have FHE every Monday and we teach our kids about the gospel in our home but I decided that I wasn't taking enough opportunities to teach in simple situations.
One day as Kanton and I were sanding some wood for a craft project I was doing I stopped and told him how Joseph was a carpenter and that Jesus probably helped his dad do woodworking just like Kanton was helping me. I didn't get very far into the conversation and Kanton said "MOM....can we stop talking about this?" I didn't give up and tried to tell him more and he wasn't having it!
A few days later as Kanton and I were cleaning his room I tried again. I asked him if he knew that Jesus was born in a stable, where there were animals and as I started to tell him more he said "hold on mom...close your eyes." I thought he was getting into the story with me or something but when I opened my eyes he was gone. He snuck out so he didn't have to listen to me. What a little stinker! I couldn't help but laugh.
Yesterday we were in a store walking down an aisle and Kanton stopped me and said, "mom, why do girls butts jiggle when they walk?"
Well I didn't have an answer so I said "Kanton, close your eyes" and then I snuck away where he couldn't find me so I didn't have to answer him! Ok, not really but I was at a loss for words. I guess this is the kind of conversation Kanton would like to engage in at this point. I'm still going to keep trying to tell him more about the life of Jesus but, hey, it might take awhile for him to be willing to listen.
I don't know what I'm going to do with this kid!!!
5 comments:
hahahaha. that is funny stuff right there. Deep is what that boy is! Thanks for the good ole college try on the catch up - Glad I finally got to ya ;)
Ha! That is too funny Halli! It sounds like you have your hands about as full with Kanton as I do with my Taryn!
Blogging has become harder for some reason for me too, but I love keeping up with you and your family. Keep it up!!
haha, that is hilarious. That kid is going to test all the limits. You guys are in for it.
Wowee!! That kid never stops making me laugh and oh my...i'm still wondering why my butt has to jiggle while I walk too!! A valid question and concern!! HA! He is HILARIOUS!
That is hilarious!!! I'm not ready for those kind of questions. lol p.s. I have a new blog www.isitreallyrelevant.blogspot.com
Post a Comment