Friday, April 11, 2008
I'm done
For the last two weeks it has seemed like every minute was filled with something that had to be done. I get so stressed when I start out a week and think of all of the things that I have to do. It didn't help that I had put off getting my taxes done until the last minute too. But right in the middle of it all I was able to listen to conference and it was just what I needed! My favorite talk was given by M. Russell Ballard about mothers. In it he talked about how we don't always need to be looking forward to when everything is "done". We need to enjoy the moments we are in NOW. That hit me like a ton of bricks because I'm queen of stressing out and looking forward to having it all done. This is something I really need to work on because someday I'm going to look back and I want to remember enjoying life instead of wishing it away. I have the two sweetest boys, the best husband and lots of wonderful family and friends to share my life with, so what is there to worry about anyway? I am so blessed and that is what I really need to focus on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loved his talk too! I really needed to hear it & I recorded it so I can watch it again & again.
I found your blog recently and was so excited to see you and your cute family! You look like your really good at keeping up your blog. I only joined the blogging world recently, but am way excited to finally be documenting the craziness of our life. I loved what you had to say about "I'm done". I could relate so much. In fact, I started out my week being stressed because of everything that had to "be done". Thanks for reminding me of what's important!
Post a Comment