Saturday, December 12, 2009

Where does the time go??


Well November has come and gone and December is already almost half way over.....time goes by so fast! I looked at my blog today and realized that I haven't updated in over a month and my last post was about Halloween. Yikes! It feels like every second of every day is filled with one thing or another and I'm always running around trying to get this and that done and I never have a chance to sit and update. I decided I had better just sit and do it before another month gets away!

Brig has been so excited to start Cub Scouts and we are between leaders in the ward so they haven't been meeting. He loves to read through his scout book though and we decided to get started on our own at home. He finally had his first Pack Meeting the end of November and he was thrilled! He earned his Bobcat and got his award at the meeting.

Brig is such a good helper....I depend on him a lot, especially with Stockton. He is good at entertaining him for awhile when I am busy and it is so nice! It is quite funny to see Brig holding Stockton though because he is so huge! He is such a good big brother! He has lots of fun teasing too and has gotten quite good at it.....just ask Kanton!

Brig is still dreaming of fishing all of the time and organizes and re-organizes everything in his tackle box quite often. He begs Ray to take him fishing all of the time. They have gone quite a bit in the last few months and Brig always comes home with a HUGE smile on his face! He really wants me to re-decorate his room with a fishing theme. Someday.....

In other news, Kanton has given up thumb sucking! Can you believe it??? If you know Kanton you know that is a HUGE thing! Ray convinced him that there is poo on his thumb (long story) and Kanton didn't believe him at first but a few days later I realized I hadn't seen him suck his thumb for awhile so when I asked him why he said "because there is poo on it". Now he calls it his poo thumb and won't even think of putting it in his mouth! Yay for quitting on his own! I was beginning to wonder how I was ever going to break him of that habit. The other good thing about that is he no longer shoves the "sprinkles" (yarn ties) up his nose! Yay again! No more crusty blanket that nobody wants to touch.

He has however replaced that habit with shoving his blanket in his mouth and sometimes goes a little too far. Like that one time when he had just eaten a load of pizza then went and climbed in my bed to watch cartoons, shoved the blanket down his throat and spewed pizza chunks ALL OVER my bed. Mmmmmm, that was fun.

Kanton still comes up with funny things to say all day long. Like sometimes his elbow in his brain hurts or he has a headache in his stomach or he wants me to go to the store to buy him some friends. Oh and he NEVER wants to take a bath because he just doesn't get stinky. I could go on forever but you get the point!

This picture is when Kanton decided he wanted to be a candy cane salesman. I think we have an entrepreneur on our hands.



Stockton is doing lots of fun things like waving bye bye, clapping for everything (best way to get him out of throwing a fit) , climbing the stairs, screaming to get attention....or to get his way and he is really a pro at making messes! I can't keep up with the kid in the mess department. As soon as I get a room cleaned he and his trusty sidekick Kanton are right behind me to mess it up again. Stockton knows he can get into the cupboards and find something to eat so why not make a mess while he is at it!

He has five teeth and will bite the finger right off your hand if you aren't careful. His top front teeth are HUGE and have quite a gap. I love them! He loves to flash his cute buckies in the cheesiest smile possible, love it!

Stockton loves his daddy and has a fit when he doesn't get to go outside with him. He knows that when dad gets his boots on he is getting ready to leave and Stockton crawls (and he can crawl fast) to the door and begs to go. As soon as dad gets home from work Stockton only wants him and when I try to get him to come back to me he bats my hand away and hugs dad. It is pretty cute and I think Ray LOVES that Stockton is a daddy's boy!

Stockton has gone to do chores with Ray in the kangaroo pouch a few times, pretty funny!
Photobucket

I sure love my little boys...too bad they can't stay little forever!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Well Heavens to Betsey I can't believe you actually updated. You're halfway there I think. What a cute post...I love my cub scout, candycane salesman, and little kangaroo.

Traci Butler said...

Wow I really missed a lot of posts. So sorry, here I just thought you were facebooking your life away ;) Kidding!

I can't believe Brig is in scouts! Crazy!

Oh my Kanton makes for quite the entertainment. A candycane sells man you say? What a goof.

Stockton is getting so smart and messy! Don't let him get into mom's Nestle Quick. Jack got a months worth of lawn duty for that one!