Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Ray!!!

Today is Ray's 36th birthday!! He was very excited to get to open the boots that he picked out for himself in a magazine but didn't get to see when they got here. I can never surprise the boy (I wouldn't dare try to pick boots out for him by myself) so I wrapped them up and didn't let him see them until his birthday. :)




He got to spend the day on his horse.....which is his favorite thing to do so I'm glad he was able to. Then we went to dinner at Chuckwagon, yum!
The funny thing is the thing he looked forward to the most was his cake. He had talked about it for 2 months. You would think it was some big extravagant cake the way he talked about it but what he wanted was a funfetti "birthday cake" baked in two round pans and layered with funfetti frosting (with a forest fire on top from all of the candles). He had been dieting and wouldn't let himself eat sweets for a long time and set a goal for himself to reach by his birthday. He said if he didn't reach his goal he wasn't going to eat the cake. Well the night before his birthday he got on the scales and he was exactly at the goal he had set for himself. He had lost 27 pounds and you cannot believe how excited he was!! I was pretty happy for him too because I know how much he wanted to eat his cake. A 36 year old man should get to eat a funfetti cake on his birthday if he wants to, right??

I love you babe, you crack me up!
Happy Birthday!!!



Stockton trying on dad's new boots...and hat!

2 comments:

Traci Butler said...

Dang it sister - your posts never show up on my list til way later, or you are waiting forever to post them. Now I look like a jerk for not telling Ray on here HAPPY BIRTHDAY (on the 8th)! I did text him though and hopefully he got it, but he is pretty old so maybe he couldn't see to read it ;) Joke!

Dawn Hancock said...

Wow, happy birthday. I will have to get all secrets from my brother regarding losing weight. I remember him talking about the cake at Jessi's party. I am so glad he got to eat it. Miss ya.